KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Points: 17,698, Level: 19 Points: 17,698, Level: 19 Points: 17,698, Level: 19

Re: Mission work/school - April 4th 2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post

I know you are trying to do something good for the world. But keep in mind the real situation in Mexico. ANYTHING that you donate to someone in Mexico has a very real chance of ending up in the hands of drug lords and gangs.

Have you visited Mexico recently? Have you seen the three year old children selling gum to tourists? Have you seen the signs from the Mexican government telling you no matter what, do not give the children money because they are pawns of drugs dealers? The situation in Mexico, while very heart breaking, is very complex and dangerous. Just be aware, things like helping out a three year old by giving them a dollar only fuels the local gangs.
I can't say I have been to Mexico... it's not particularly close to where i live...

Now This is a religious thread, so no jumping down my throat for this, But this is a Mission trip, which means where a huge part of it is to help people, another huge part is about God.
Now I don't mean to say i will be preaching to everyone I meet. But showing them Gods love I will try to do as well as I can.
So to be honest my opinion, If some of what i believe in and the love and hope that I am going to try to give to people, if some of that gets to the the drug loads and such I do not mind.

And i had to giggle at giving money to people.. I am not there to give money to people. I don't have the money to be able to do it. I cannot say what i would do if i saw a three year old on the streets.
I am going to be doing 12 weeks of lectures to help prepare me for that.
But from what i believe now, I would do something as simple as giving the child some food. I don't know. ha ha

IT Will be a huge learning curb for me. I don't know what to fully expect till i get there.
But the organisation is well known to me. And is a huge part of my life here in Australia. Hopefully in Mexico too

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3