Thread: Triggering (SH): I need to quit cutting, please help...
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
BleedingLullaby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Faith

Points: 6,864, Level: 12 Points: 6,864, Level: 12 Points: 6,864, Level: 12

Exclamation I need to quit cutting, please help... - April 5th 2013, 01:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I stopped cutting for a while, then I started again. This time I haven't been doing my arms or wrists so much because it's easier to get caught. I've mostly been cutting my thighs, and now I think I'm addicted to it. I don't know, and this is going to sound weird, but I enjoy the pain when I do it. I keep finding reasons to do it, because I like it, just like a drug addiction. I really want to stop because it's hurting my friends and they've been doing all they can to help. I just keep lying to them and hiding it from them. When they find out, they're so hurt, not only by the fact that I'm doing it, but also because I lied. Then they start to cut again, which makes me feel guilty. Once I feel guilty I just cut again. It's like a really sad cycle that I can't stop. If you know any ways to quit cutting, please tell me. I don't want "snap a rubber band on your wrist instead" because it doesn't work for me.
Thanks so much, in advance. x

Sorry for being so fucked up
Sorry for being a failure
Sorry for being a disgrace
Sorry for being me...