Thread: Triggering: Cutting
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Cutting - April 12th 2013, 07:40 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are dealing with all of this but I believe you can make it through all of this. I believe that relapses are a part of recovery and so this is merely a set back and you can come back from this. I know how discouraging it can be to go a certain amount of time without self harming and then have a relapse but I promise that this does not have to mean you will fall back into your old pattern of self harming.

Do you know what triggered the relapse? Do you know what is causing your to feel stressed and depressed? If you can get down to the bottom of these feelings you might be able to, slowly, work on resolving them or, at least, work on finding the proper coping skills to deal with them. Overcoming self harm is a bit of work but in my opinion it is worth it because in the long run self harm does not solve anything.

I think you should also try checking out Alternatives to Self Harm check over the list and whenever you are feeling an urge try using some of the things suggested. It might take some time for you to find the alternatives that work for you but don't give up.

As for the counselor you are seeing, have you considered talking to him about the fact that you don't feel like he is helping you? I know that might be hard to do but he is there to help you and if he is not helping he needs to know so that the two of you can work on figuring out the best way to get to a place where he can help you. Sometimes counselor feel as though they are being effective until their patient tells them that they are not and then they work on changing things up a bit to help their patient out a bit more.

Lastly, I want you to know that you are important. I know that right now it might not seem that way but I promise you that is not the case. You do matter and you will make it through this. You have a purpose on this earth and one day you will be able to look back on all of this and say that you survived. You can do this.

I hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to PM or VM me.