View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Worried about my boyfriend going to college? - April 14th 2013, 05:21 AM

Young love is always tough because everyone moves away at some point.
My thinking is, even if he gets this position, I'm sure he will be able to find at least 10 minutes every day to have time to call or Skype you. At least a few times a week. So while he may be a few hours away, it is still very possible for you two to be able to talk a little throughout the week. This is very important because it will help you to stay close even when you cannot physically be with each other. If you don't communicate much at all, then it's likely you'll grow apart while he's away.
You have to both want this to work for it to work out. Long distance relationships are tough, but not impossible.
Once he's settled in at college, you could try and put together a schedule of when you will have time to talk throughout the week. Plan ahead of when you'll call or Skype each other so that you won't end up going too many days without talking.
Lastly, stay focused on how great it will be when he's back home and you can see him. If you both keep that in mind, I'm sure you can make it until the breaks.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.