Thread: Triggering (SH): Can't stop cutting
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Can't stop cutting - April 19th 2013, 12:03 AM

Hey there,

Self harm can be difficult to stop but it is not impossible. I think you should try Alternatives to Self Harm when you are having an urge to harm yourself. It is important to remember that it can take a while for the alternatives to actually work but don't stop using them. The fact is your body grows used to using self harm as a coping mechanism and so you have to get it accustomed to using other coping devises.

Do you know why you are having the urge to self harm? I think you should work on trying to figure out why you are having these urges because if you can figure out why you are trigger you can slowly work on trying to resolve the issues or work on finding a healthy coping method that works well with the specific issue. Something that might help you work on identifying your triggers is if you start keeping a journal. I know that I could never identify my triggers but once I started keeping a journal it got a little bit easier.

Have you ever considered talking to someone about the things that you are dealing with such as a parent, a cousin, an aunt, a teacher, or another trusted adult? I know that might be hard but you deserve to be getting support for this and there are a number of people who could offer you that support. Have you ever considered seeking counseling for this? I think counseling is such a great tool because you are able to go to an objective person about the things that are bothering you and get some positive feedback.

I hope this helped and if you need anything please feel free to PM/VM me