Thread: Period Stories?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Period Stories? - April 23rd 2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate* View Post
The number of stories I have is completely ridiculous.

My first period started when I was 11 and a half, 2 days before Christmas and I was visiting with my dad (parents are divorced) and we were staying at my great-aunt's house. I hid it for 2 days, then played dumb when I got home and told my mom the whole story after he left. I still think that was better than having to tell him so he could get me supplies, the whole concept still freaks him out.

After that I seemed to get it EVERY TIME I was with my dad whether it was due or not and it was completely unpredictable, so I was with him again (this time out of state) and I hadn't thought to bring anything because it wasn't due for another week, well it started and I couldn't find my stepmom's supplies so I had to tell my dad when he got home by which point I had bled through my pants and all the underwear I had packed. My stepmom left them soaking in the laundry tub which meant that anyone who came in the house through the garage had to walk by and see that and then my dad had to take me shopping for underwear (embarrassing enough) with my 12 year old step brother in tow. At least my stepmom gave me enough supplies to last me until I went home which was only a couple of days, but it was HORRIBLE

After that I carried pads in my suitcase when I was with him, no matter when it was supposed to come and 9 times out of 10 I ended up needing them. I even rescued his cousin once when hers started and she didn't know it had. I had just enough extra to give her.
Wow, that must of sucked. I don't know why some guys are so creeped out by it! Half of the population has it!

The other day, my mom was talking about pads she got with a coupon, and my dad says, "Ooooh, look at the pretty bird outside."

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers