Thread: Triggering (Abuse): Acquaintance Rape?
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Acquaintance Rape? - April 30th 2013, 02:32 AM

Hey there,

Firstly, you need to know that none of this is your fault. I know that when things like this happen it is easy to look at the situation and blame yourself but you did absolutely nothing wrong. I know this person was your friend but in the end he did things to break your boundaries, your trust and this seems to indicate that he isn't a very good friend. I know that admitting that is going to be hard to do but the best thing you can do for yourself is to remove him from your life. I don't think his behavior is something that is going to change and you have to believe that you deserve better than that.

I think that it is important for you to remember that you have a voice and you can tell him whatever you want. You have the right to be angry with him and with your mother and anyone else who has ever hurt you. You have the right to feel anything you are feeling and express those feelings in whatever way you want; scream, shout, cry but don't blame yourself.

Also, I hope that you will consider talking to someone such as a counselor about this so that you can work on healing from the things that might come up from all of this. I know right now all of this is new and you might not be sure how to handle it all but a counselor could be really beneficial in helping you work through it and getting to a better place.

Remember you are strong and can make it through all of this. If you need anything please feel free to pm/vm me.