View Single Post
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Hailey

Points: 16,271, Level: 18 Points: 16,271, Level: 18 Points: 16,271, Level: 18

Re: Period Stories? - May 2nd 2013, 11:52 PM

I happened to get my period on the one weekend when my mom was out of town. I was 11. My mom was visiting a friend several hours away, so my dad and my little brother (eight at the time) were the only ones home, and I was staying the weekend at my grandma's house about 2 minutes away (just for fun). I practically had a panic attack when I went to the bathroom and realized that I was bleeding...probably mainly because I thought I was bleeding from the other "down there," haha. I didn't even occur to me for a couple of hours that I'd gotten my period, so basically I just kept going to the bathroom like every 5 or 10 minutes and praying that it would stop. Eventually I figured out that it was my period (I couldn't believe that was happening to me! I was completely terrified) and went into one of the bedrooms in my grandma's house and called my mom with the door closed. I was totally mortified and scared to death (poor little 11-year-old me) and I was crying for the entire phone call. I didn't know how to tell my grandma or my dad or my little brother, so my mom called them for me and told them that I'd gotten my period. My grandma tried to make me feel all grown up and stuff, but I was sooooo embarrassed! I ended up deciding to go home, and my dad and my brother came to pick me up, which was really awkward because they both knew what had happened. The rest of that day I basically hid in my room and sulked and tried not to look anyone in the eye.
I ended up going back to my grandma's house the next day and basically acted like nothing had happened, and then I actually went to soccer practice that night (of course the first day of soccer had to be the day after I got my period). So while it took me forever to get over the mortification of the whole thing, it all ended up okay.

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13