View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,708, Level: 46 Points: 106,708, Level: 46 Points: 106,708, Level: 46

Re: LGBT- lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender - May 6th 2013, 01:29 AM

Hey there! Welcome to the team. It's great to see you getting involved.

Like Harry said, it's probably best to do several in-depth articles rather than one that briefly covers a lot, so splitting up your ideas could be good. Also remember you don't have to write them all yourself - you're welcome to collaborate, co-write, etc. If you see someone who you think would like to help or would be good at helping you write a specific article, you can always get in touch with them.

Before you get started, though, we need to figure out which topics have and haven't been covered. You said you've already checked the Articles section, but we also have a collection of articles stored in the Avatar archive, which are still being transferred to the Articles section. There are also several articles in the process of being discussed/written, for example here, so it couldn't hurt to have a look through those. And if you want to know if there are any articles about a certain topic, you can PM the Editor for that section, or the Articles Officer (ie. me) and ask about it.

Also, remember to read through the Guidelines if you haven't already, just to make sure you're on the right track.

Once again, welcome, and feel free to get in touch if you need anything. I think all of these are good ideas - in particular I find that we tend to skim over the 'gender' part of LGBT+, so that might be a good place to start.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."