View Single Post
  (#236 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: What proof do you want? And in turn, what proof do you have? - April 4th 2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniesha View Post
No, not really. I know what I mean to say and think I'm typing it correctly then after it's posted I read through it and it sounds harsh and that's not how I want it to be.
Well, we all believe in truth but I think the truth it for this thread is we can agree to disagree and kinda leave it at that.
LOL... love the honesty from you LOL. OK, well, this is going off-topic but there is an edit button so you can edit your post after posting it.

*sigh*, when you say "all", I hope you're not including anyone in science. Science is about logic, testing, proofs, theories, hypotheses and laws. There is no "truth" simply because nothing in science is 100%, therefore, nothing can be a "truth".

Holy, how do you plan to do that, when science cannot prove something that is a proofless belief? The bible even states in 1 part that the writers or jesus didn't see god with their own eyes: "
Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1 Timothy 6:16) and "No man hath seen God at any time" (John 1:18). Granted, you can find some bible quotes that say god does exist, or you can dance around these quotes. Either way, how do you plan to prove god's existence, when the very book you're supposed to follow is uncertain? If it were certain, neither of these quotes would exist. Does this mean that he does not exist? Well, according to the bible, no. The bible is inconclusive, meaning you cannot prove, cannot disprove.

But, in order to tell someone to prove that something does not exist, you first have to prove that it does. Otherwise, if you cannot, then how can you expect someone to prove that it does not exist when you cannot account for it in the first place? Unfortunately, when you say "proof", this is implying objective and empirical information, therefore, no ambiguous bible quotes (cannot use the word of god to prove god exists, that's circular reasoning, begging the question because your conclusion is the premise for your argument).

So, Holy, and others who wish for god to be disproven, you must objectively prove that god exists in the first place. Failing to do so means there's no reason, no basis for someone to prove it doesn't exist.