View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
NonIndigenous Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25 Points: 32,114, Level: 25

Re: IT worker and his girlfriend claim to be Jesus and Mary Magdalene - June 2nd 2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
I don't think scamming people out of their money is not hurting anyone. Sure it's the people's own stupidity that's mostly at fault but he's encouraging it. It's like the rapture guy who convinced people to give up everything they had because the world was going to end.
In my honest opinion...

I think people who are foolish enough to fall for this sort of bullshit, deserve to loose the money that they are giving away willingly anyway. Similar to people who'd be prepared to spend even £1000 to get their hands on a new I-Pod, I-Pad or I-"insert anything" with no thought for how they're going to pay their rent, or the debts they might accumulate because of it. Their choice. Their mistake. Hopefully they'll learn. If they don't learn, then they're genuinely stupid.

The only moral discrepancy for me is drawing the line between people being foolish or stupid, and people being desperate. I don't expect anyone to know what I mean, although maybe someone does. I have no time to explain in full.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by NonIndigenous; June 2nd 2013 at 08:09 PM.