View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Dagobert Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dagobert

Points: 9,314, Level: 14 Points: 9,314, Level: 14 Points: 9,314, Level: 14

I get suspended for writing a poem about how I feel. - June 4th 2013, 03:12 AM

Hello guys, I feel like I've gotten some good advice and support on this forum that I usually don't get at school or at home. So recently I've been feeling depressed and sad due to some things that have been going on in my life. I like writing poems, and they used to be more cheerful I guess but now I write about how I feel instead of writing cheerful poems about love. My teacher asked us to write a poem and bring it in to class and read them out loud and discuss its meaning. I wrote a poem about how I felt recently and when I read it out loud my teacher told me to leave the class and wait in the office. Later that day I was suspended for a week from school because the teacher and the principal said that poetry is express an individual but not to hurt other people’s feelings. However I'm confused, I wrote a poem about how I felt and nothing to offend others.

This is the poem I wrote:

I see darkness outside my window
The moon shines bright
However it doesn’t shine in my heart
I feel darkness and despair in my heart
Just like I don’t understand how the moon stays afloat in space
Just like I don’t understand why the moon shines so bright
I don’t understand my own feelings
Blood slips through my veins
I can see darkness consuming my soul
The devil is trying to lure me
My life is slipping away from me
And I cannot catch it
It’s far too late…

My parents are really mad that I got suspended; they don't even want to talk to me. Instead they want to send me back to Japan to live with my uncle and study over there. I tried talking to the principle at my school but he doesn't want to talk to me or even understand that I didn't mean to offend anyone. It was simple a poem about how I felt. I’m really sad and upset about this all, it’s like I don't know what to do. I think it's unfair that my parents want to send me to Japan just because they think I need to be this perfect student with good grades. I understand that's what's expected of a child in our culture but I don't feel like that's me. I do get good grades but now and then I do make mistakes. In the end, I'm a human too with flaws and imperfections.

In the end I just don't know how to deal with this situation here. Thanks for reading.