View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
RiseFromTheAshes Offline
♔ Queen of Ambivalence ♔
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Points: 9,201, Level: 14 Points: 9,201, Level: 14 Points: 9,201, Level: 14

Re: why dose my depression vanish away and then come back - July 5th 2013, 04:29 PM

People with depression don't always have to feel depressed. Like anyone else, they can have their good days and their bad days. By textbook definition (the DSM) depression is a prolonged low mood for at least two weeks. If you feel your mood is really unstable you may be bipolar. But that would be something you'd need to talk to your doctor about. Obviously I can't diagnose you!

What you might find helpful is to keep a journal of how you feel. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, you can do jot notes or write paragraphs, whatever suits you. After a couple weeks look back at all the bad days and see if you can find a common factor that might be triggering your depressed mood. Or look and see if you can find out what's different on days when you're "normal".

♥ PM me anytime, I'm here for you ♥

Out of the ashes I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars that I will never show. I'm a survivor in more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior.