View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15

Re: why dose my depression vanish away and then come back - July 5th 2013, 08:21 PM

I couldn't begin to tell you why your depression does this (I'm not a professional ), but I do want to say that mine fluctuates, too. It's normal.

I definitely agree with Emily. Keeping a journal can really help you figure out what's going on with your differing moods.

I'm going to have to disagree with Tom on this one. Your mood may not permanently revert to complete normality with time. Depression is an illness that is theorized to be caused by a chemical imbalance, and time doesn't always fix things like that. Getting professional help from a therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or other mental health professional is probably your best bet at feeling normal and happy again.

When I'm feeling particularly low, some of the alternatives can help me get my mind off of it. Going for a run, talking to friends, or doing something with my cats are things that seem to help me the most. Maybe you could try some of these before you can get things rolling with a doctor.

If you want to talk or vent, you can always PM me.

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM