View Single Post
  (#249 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: What proof do you want? And in turn, what proof do you have? - April 5th 2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
I think that Atheists question us Christians so much in trying to make us prove that God does exist, that it's their turn to try and prove to us that he doesn't exist. And I don't want to hear this nonsense about "Oh, you can't prove something that doesn't exist" I'm not asking you to prove he does exist, I'm asking you to prove he doesn't exist.

Because you can't. Face it.
*sigh*... I'll say it yet again... Burden of Proof falls on the theists. If you want atheists to prove god doesn't exist, then you theists must prove he exists in the first place so that the debate can take place. And you cannot he exists either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
See? I made an example. Doesn't it pressure, irritate, and put you down when you believe in something, but you can't prove it. Then people come along blah blah blah and here comes the fire. Some people are of faith, and then there are people of science (Then a few of both such as myself) Everyone believes in something different, we can't prove God exists, and you can't prove that he doesn't exist. How many scientists out in the world believe in the existence of a God?
I go with evolution and that I can provide actual evidence for. I fail to see the relevance of you asking how many scientists believe in god. Might as well ask how many cashiers don't believe in god, it's just as meaningless.

What example is it that you made? Is it that atheists want you to prove your side of the claim, which would be very reasonable if not demanded in every other debate?