View Single Post
  (#259 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: What proof do you want? And in turn, what proof do you have? - April 5th 2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
"I'm saying that as long as there is no proof that something doesn't exist everyone should believe in it."

Never said that, and it doesn't make sense. thebigmole, you really don't get it do you? No. My point is that you should stop trying to tell the people who believe in God what to believe. If we believe in God, there's nothing you can do about it. So stop trying to make us prove that there is a god, when you yourself cannot prove that there is one. Got it? You sure? Ok.. Ok. Just making sure.
I simply meant it is what you seem to be implying, at the very least it's how your posts are coming off.

I don't recall ever once saying to anyone to prove the existence of God. This would be out of character for me for several reasons. First I believe that some people need to believe in God or any higher power to get by in life and that's perfectly fine. Second I actually don't care if God exists or not, God could come down to me and say hey look I exist and I still wouldn't follow his narrow minded and discriminatory rules.

Also I never once said anything in my posts about science and I don't really think it matters if you believe in science or not, a lot of Christians do.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin