thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 19th 2013, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick. View Post
Agree to disagree.

And you just contradicted yourself. He said the community has had many burglaries that were committed by black men. If he were white, he wouldn't have confronted him as the burglars were black.
I didn't contradict myself you just misunderstood me. You said that if Trayvon were white Zimmerman would have just thought he was a resident. I was saying that just because Trayvon was black didn't mean he couldn't have been a resident. You were assuming that all of the residents in the suburb are white, when they can't be since Trayvon's family lives there. Therefore the reason Zimmerman suspected Trayvon was NOT just because he was black, but because the description of the suspect was of a black male AND Zimmerman didn't recognize Trayvon. And as the starter of the neighborhood watch in his community I'm sure he knows pretty much everyone who lives there.

I mean if there had been break ins in your neighborhood, and you had a description of the person who was doing it, and you saw someone walking around your neighborhood late at night who you didn't recognize and they fit the description you CANNOT tell me you wouldn't be wary of that person. Whether they were white, black, Hispanic, or purple if they fit the description and you didn't know them you would be suspicious. Not saying you would then follow that person, and go as far as Zimmerman did, but you seriously cannot blame him for being wary of Trayvon.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin