dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman - July 22nd 2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasa View Post
Actually, fighting in school is not the norm. If they are likely to get fights in school, then yes they are more likely to get fights outside of school. However, with strangers is debatable.
Did I say it was the norm? Leaving aside that point (which is debatable - certainly I'd say it's more likely than not that teenage boys will get into fights at school at some point or another, to varying degrees of seriousness), you are stating your opinion as fact with no supporting evidence. School is a different environment to the street, and asserting a connection between behaviour in one and behaviour in the other is on very shaky ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasa View Post
I'd lean towards he was angry and wanted to teach the guy a lesson before I would say he wanted to subdue and then call the police. People who beat up another person usually do not call the police. If there is a chance that they may get in trouble, they lie about it and refuse to say where they were located when they got beat up or attacked another person. It's kind of funny when someone "doesn't know" where they were when they got beaten up, but then a girlfriend comes in and answers the question for them before they can signal that they want them to keep quiet.
Key words jumping out for me there are "I'd lean towards" - again, this is a statement of your opinion, which is valid but on its own not conclusive. There's a whole spectrum of possible responses a person could have to a situation, and without knowing what was actually going through their mind at the time (which is impossible in this case for obvious reasons) we're in the realm of speculation. What people "usually" do is again in the realm of speculation - I know of people who have in fact used violence to subdue someone and called the police, most notably an old sensei from Jitsu who did that on a number of occasions. I'm not saying it's necessarily the most rational response to the situation, but it's one which is plausible.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick