View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
helloabi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,908, Level: 12 Points: 6,908, Level: 12 Points: 6,908, Level: 12

Question I need help my parents found out about my self harm?! - July 25th 2013, 01:29 AM

So today I was sitting on the couch and my shorts slipped up and my dad asked what happened. I told him it was the cats. He told me to move my hand because there were a ton of marks and scars on my leg and he was like what the hell and I told him it was nothing and I was having a slight anxiety attack and I started to cry. He took me to show my mom and she was like freaking out saying oh my god, and she forced me to show her my wrists which also had a few cuts and my dad was just saying like that I needed to see a shrink or a doctor and this was not okay and he was like yelling questions at me about why I was doing it and it really freaked me out. They took away my ipad. I come from a middle upper class family and I'm 14. So I mean they were so confused. My mom was pretty understanding afterwords she took me shopping and stuff it was really nice. We talked in the car though and she was telling me how people would judge me and it would be hard to get a job, and how easily it creates scars, and how I was gonna have to always cover it up. She probed me by asking me what I used and all that crap. But she demanded that I stop. I told her that it was addicting but that I would stop. She doesn't get how hard it'll be though. And she kept asking me why I was doing it. And that I could be sent to a mental facility. She just kept saying to herself that I would be fine.
And later on, she told me that my dad was crying and blaming himself for it. And my ipad because I'm not "getting enough exercise" or sunlight, or whatever. And now they're sending me away with my grandparents for a week or so. I'm worried. And that's the long, probably boring story about how my parents found out about my self harm. Any suggestions? I'm scared. Share your experiences about your parents finding out about your self harm.