View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: 4 months of work down the drain - July 27th 2013, 12:54 AM

Hey there,

Four months is amazing and you should be proud of yourself. I know that relapsing can be really difficult because it does make you feel like you have failed but I assure you that you have not failed. Sometimes when you are trying to recover from self harm you relapse and the best thing you can do is pick yourself up and try again. You made it four months without self harm and you can do that again. I know right now you are probably thinking that you won't be able to do it again but that isn't true. This was just a relapse and all you have to do is get up and push forward.

You have identified the trigger for this relapse which is the abuse you suffered from at the hands of your ex-boyfriend. It is good that you are able to identify your triggers because then you can work on trying to figure out some type of resolution. For example, maybe you could consider going to therapy to deal with the abuse that you suffered. If counseling is not an option you could try talking to a close friend or a family member as well. I think counseling would be really helpful though because they would be able to help you work on healing from the abuse and work on getting to a better place.

Another thing you could try doing is looking at the Alternatives to Self Harm. The alternatives can be a great tool to help you work on dealing with the urges you get to self harm. The thing to remember is that your body has come to accept self harm as its number one coping skill so it will take time for it to adjust to any other one. However if you keep using the alternatives it will come to accept some of the things on that list.

I really hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to message me.