View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
minniemouseprincess Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Julia

Points: 12,664, Level: 16 Points: 12,664, Level: 16 Points: 12,664, Level: 16

Re: Broke up with girlfriend of 2 years - not doing well at all - August 7th 2013, 08:22 AM

I have a few things to say about this. Number one, you sound like an AMAZING guy, the kind of amazing that most girls are not lucky enough to find, especially when they are young. I don’t know why your ex suddenly thought you didn’t love her or care, but it really sounds like you do and that you tried everything you could to save it. With that being said, you tried everything you could. If it wasn’t meant to be, its not meant to be. As Simba says in “Lion King”, you can’t change the past. But you CAN change your outlook on the future. You will be upset for a while, I don’t know how long. Could be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to a few months, in rare occasions, a few years. Its gonna suck, you will have MANY low days. But that’s not to say that it will never get better and that you will never find love or a true love. You WILL find someone else. You will prob find many other girls before you find the one you end up marrying. But when you do find her, it will be the best feeling in the world, unlike anything you’ve every experienced and you’ll know. I know it hurts that this happened like this, but its okay. It is okay that this happened and you know why? There will be a TON of people that come in AND out of our lives. Each one teaches us something, even if we dont realise it at the time. So your ex taught you something too, maybe something like what you would want in a girl, I don’t know. Many people will leave though, but also some will stay. And those that stay will be the most important people in your life. Don’t be too hard on your parents. I think they do love you a lot and do want to do everything in their power to make you happy. Parents typically do feel bad when their child is hurting and may come off as treating them like a baby. They don’t mean to, they just are trying to help. And its PERFECTLY FINE to ask for help or comfort. Everyone needs help sometimes. It doesn’t make you weak, its a smart move to make because you are helping yourself. Nobody can help you but yourself. I know it also has seemed like they blow you off when you want to do something like the game night, I think they just get busy. Its not that they don’t care by any means. But you know them better than myself so. I can certainly relate about being shy and not really wanting to go to public functions like parties or get togethers. I NEVER go to parties, even when I was a little girl I never went. I think in total, I went to maybe 3 birthdays. I just know that I do a lot better one on one with someone, not in groups. I tend to be VERY shy and keep to myself and also I worry that I may annoy people or that they may find me wierd if i’m in a group. One on one I open up better and am just overall happier. I don’t have many friends ether, can prob count them on one hand. Although i’d like more, I am thankful for those that I have because they are the best people ever. But anyways, I do hope you feel better soon. Don’t give up, things will improve. This is just the hard part. If you would like someone to talk to or even just a new friend, I am absolutely there for you=)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.