View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Do I need a new doctor? - August 8th 2013, 03:42 AM

I don't think it can hurt to get a second opinion. You can't really blame you're doctor for not necessarily calling if you get "normal" results or what ever. Unless they need you to come back to discuss something or something is wrong they don't usually bother calling people back because they're just so busy, I don't think your doctor sounds like a bad doctor by any means, she (or is it a he?) should be maybe trying more tests BUT she might have a reason to do it (ex. knows your symptoms are not going to show up in something outside of your blood). But by talking to another doctor you can find out if anything else can be done. I'm Canadian so my issue isn't the same, I'd just call my clinic and be like "yo, i have X issue I'd like to get a second opinion on with a second doctor" and just go, but I don't have to worry about insurance... And really, you won't end up with a "worse" doctor. Some doctors can be sorta douchy, I mean I've really liked all the doctors I know (personally and as a patient) but still, but any how, it's a malpractice suit if they don't do their jobs properly so yeah don't worry about that their just might be nothing else to do

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions