Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: School and PARTYING - August 13th 2013, 02:47 AM

[Edited]

1. If you attend one of these schools, do you feel it's accurate? If you don't, would you still attend a school even if it had a rep as a party school?
I attend a university that was rated high up on this list for many years (but isn't this year, horray!), so yes, I'd obviously attend a "party school." It's accurate in that my university has a lot of partiers, but it's most definitely not "most students."
2. Do you think lists like these influence students? If yes, how?
I think it influences students with these types of priorities to continue attending these schools along with distracting some good students from what is important about college, aka, academics. Also, I liked the points that others brought up about them not attending a college because of the amount of party rumors. I'm noticing that as the rumors about being a party school have gone down and the truth about the academics went out, my university's population increased, especially for out-of state-students.
3. How do you personally balance your academic life with your social life?
Social life? What's that? I'd say that I'm kidding, but I'm not. It's not because of college, I've never had a social life. I love my jobs, I have great coworkers, so my social life is within work. I also make time for myself for naps, volunteering, seeing my family every once in a while, etc. So that's "having a life," I suppose.

something burning?

Last edited by PSY; August 13th 2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Removed outdated post.