View Single Post
  (#6530 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 34,004, Level: 26 Points: 34,004, Level: 26 Points: 34,004, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - August 14th 2013, 04:32 AM

This would cross so many boundaries that I could never and would never actually say it to either of you, but...

Dr. M: Your weight makes me worry about you, just a little and only because I care about people. I know someone who died from complications of obesity. I'm getting transference of him to you like crazy. I know it's absolutely NONE of my business, but you're a single dad which means that nothing bad can happen to you ever, your son needs you. I was there for that conversation so I know you're working with your doctor to change things, but you can't live on that long term. The fact that they've resorted to recommending that to you and you've resorted to being on it means that this is really serious for you. You're really nice so PLEASE take care of yourself. You're one of the few people that, if it were appropriate, I feel like I could spill my guts to. That's extremely rare, I can't go through losing someone like that again.

Dr. B, basically the same thing only I worry more about you emotionally. See, your wife is a doctor so I figure that physically you're taken care of, but you weaved weight-related jokes at your own expense into almost every lecture for 7 months straight and I'd imagine that it happened before and after that too. I was torn between laughing because they were funny, and thinking that it must really hurt you because how much does it have to get to someone for it to come up that often in an irrelevant context? I hope you manage to take care of this so you can feel better about yourself.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; August 14th 2013 at 09:45 PM.