View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: I'm 21 years old and my parents have full control of my bank account. How is that legal? - August 22nd 2013, 03:29 AM

I am unsure about you being able to access the CD, as I have never had a CD and I do not know if anyone in my life has so I am unable to ask them about it. To figure that out, the best thing you could do is explain your situation to the bank and see how they can direct you.
I do know that you should not have any trouble getting the bank account in your name. You will be sent a new debit card, get a new account number etc. but that is the only way you will be able to get your mom's name off of the account.
I really did not want to have to have my family receive the mail that I put my account in my own name, however, the only way they can remove someone's name is if they are no longer alive. So the only option is to close the account and open a new one. I think that is stupid but that is just my opinion and what I was told by the woman at the bank I go to.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."