Honorary Pug Girl Offline
Pug girl!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bre :3

Points: 12,303, Level: 16 Points: 12,303, Level: 16 Points: 12,303, Level: 16

Re: People giving your religion a bad name - August 22nd 2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedByMercy View Post
This is a bit of a rant I guess. But anyways . . .

Does anyone else get really annoyed at people 'giving their religion a bad name' for want of a better phrase?

Specifically I'm thinking about Christianity (since I'm a Christian) but I'm sure it happen with other religions as well. Christianity is not a lone case.

I try not to push my 'religion' (I prefer to see it as a relationship) down others throats, and I apoligise to anyone if I ever have - I just have very strong opinions about things, which are usually different to the majority of people's opinions, and it annoys me SO much when I see other Christians doing that and making people even more, I dunno, meh towards Christianity. I know it's not true, but I feel like maybe they think we're ALL like that.

What sort of things do people do that annoy you/give your religion a bad name?

(sorry if that didn't make much sense haha)

I feel now a days its really hard for christians, because there are so many expectations for christians to be perfect people. Then when one makes a mistake and it comes out people are all in shock. I know my friends personally think because I'm a christian I must hate gay people which is far from true. I may not always agree with things or choices, but I will never hate a person for making them. I think a big one is the West Baptist Church, they make us christians look like such bad people and hyprocrits it's really sad.

LIVE HELP ASSOCIATE
08/07/14 Social Networking Team

She walks away the colors fade to grey. - Black Keys

Keep your head up, you're only one grey day away from sunshine.

10/15/2015- The day he came into my life and made it all okay.