(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

Re: People giving your religion a bad name - August 23rd 2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyWithin View Post
I feel now a days its really hard for christians, because there are so many expectations for christians to be perfect people. Then when one makes a mistake and it comes out people are all in shock. I know my friends personally think because I'm a christian I must hate gay people which is far from true. I may not always agree with things or choices, but I will never hate a person for making them. I think a big one is the West Baptist Church, they make us christians look like such bad people and hyprocrits it's really sad.
This is so true. I have three atheist friends online who, once they learned I was Christian, criticized every thing I said. one of them is bi, and he finishes every sentence about that with, "oh but Jess must hate me since I like boys and I'm a boy." He posts all these articles discriminating Christians and trying to prove that Jesus approves of gays.
Like you said, I also strongly disapprove of the whole gayness thing, but I think some can be good people. At least...that's the only thing I can say about that without getting tons of hatemail.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you