View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
brennathebunny Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,297, Level: 11 Points: 6,297, Level: 11 Points: 6,297, Level: 11

My girlfriends parents wont let us see or talk to each other? - September 2nd 2013, 09:59 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My girlfriends parents have always liked me well enough, but a few days ago they noticed cuts on my girlfriends legs and banned us from ever seeing each other or talking again. They think that because I have a self harm problem as well that our relationship is toxic. (They dont understand that our self harm issues were present prior to our relationship, and it is an addiction that wont go away immedeately just because were in a relationship)

They have taken all of her means of communication, and arent letting her go to school until they change her schedule so she wont see me. I just dont really know how to handle this. I know its naive to say I'm in love, but she is such an important person to me and such a light in my life. We both help each other so much. I dont want to live without her.

I don't think her parents are being reasonable, and they say they wont change their minds and I dont know how to live with that.