(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lamia Offline
Snake Goddess
Not a n00b

Name: Katherine

Points: 12,630, Level: 16 Points: 12,630, Level: 16 Points: 12,630, Level: 16

Re: Homosexuality, Religion, and Family. - September 2nd 2013, 11:46 PM

Lorra,

I know that I'm not the best person to talk to you about this, I haven't grown up in anywhere near the type of family and home life you have, Christianity and religion as a whole have a played a much smaller part in my life than they have in yours. So perhaps I can't say anything to make it feel better. But as your girlfriend, I feel like I should say something here, because I love you, and I want to support you and make you feel right and secure in all that you do.

I know I've mentioned it before, but even though I have no idea if there is or isn't a God, and honestly, I have no idea what comes after this life, I cannot, I absolutely CANNOT bring myself to believe in a Hell. How could a God, one who had created each and everyone one of us, and who loved us, how could that God condemn us to an eternity of punishment. How could any sin be so great as to deserve that? And even if, hypothetically, there were sins, such as murder and rape, that would fall under the category of "deserving" eternal punishment, how could that same punishment apply to love? How could loving someone be something that could condemn you to hell?

Jesus preached values of love and tolerance towards others, and I just cannot believe that he would make exceptions to that rule. I cannot believe that a God who is claimed to "love his children unconditionally" would condemn those same children to an eternity of suffering if they loved someone of the same gender. I honestly cannot believe that.

I guess my last piece of advice would be to think. That white picket fence, that man in a church. Does that feel any more "right" to you, personally, than this does?

I don't know if this helps, but I want you to know that I'm here for you, I love you, and I'm always willing to talk to you and figure things out.

Love,

Kat

Buddy Since 5/12/13

Live Help Access Since 8/4/13

Chat Moderator Since 12/26/13

Videos Team Member since 1/11/14

PM me if you need anything at all ♥

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.