View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Writing a college essay - September 10th 2013, 01:44 AM

Okay, I have to write a personal statement for my application for University of Saint Joseph. We're actually working on these in English class, but I have absolutely no idea what to even write for this essay. If anyone could give me suggestions, I'd love it.

The essay is "Reflect on life experiences or opportunities that you feel have contributed to shaping the person you are today. Comment on how you will be a valuable member of the University of Saint Joseph community as a result of these experiences. You may also want to comment on why you are interested in the academic program you indicated, and what you foresee as your personal plan for success."

I don't KNOW what shaped me to who I am today, or why I'll be a valuable member of the community because of it. I also don't know my personal plan for success. The only thing I know is why I'm interested in the public health program, because my dad got a rare infectious disease as well as cancer, so now I want to help people. Which I guess shaped me doing well in school to a flaw, therefore also shaping me to who I am today? I don't even know.

Ughn. I don't even know what I'm asking here, maybe for a bit of guidance on what to write or something.

Um, a second question is how do I know when the application is open? I'm not sure where to find that out.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive