View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59

Re: Writing a college essay - September 10th 2013, 10:31 AM

So basically what I'd say is basically describing my dad being ill and watching it (I can copy parts of that from my OTHER college essay, F YES), then being like: ever since then, I knew I wanted to do public health. It molded me to work hard in school and focus almost solely on my studies in order to accomplish my goals. I feel as if this experience taught me to be goal-oriented and determined, and instilled a want to help people? Only more essay like.

And maybe as far as using TH, if I do, I can say something like "I volunteer with a not-for-profit organization, where I assist young adults with a range of issues going on in their lives (if someone could help me rephrase that, it'd be loverly)" and then state what I learned?

As my personal plan for success, I can state something like I plan to stay as focused as possible on my studies, and get help when needed in order to make sure I have a handle on the material? I can make some form of a schedule with myself once I know my workload in order to keep a balance?

Buut as far as talking to my teacher personally, I actually asked her yesterday if when we get to writing this essay I can get help, and her answer was basically first I have to write it, and to look online and research the college and stuff.

Hmm, the mental health issue perspective is interesting. I just am not sure how exactly I'd word it? Like I'm not diagnosed, my LCSW just THINKS I have an anxiety disorder but she isn't able to diagnose, so I can't go and be like "I have an anxiety disorder and this has been difficult but..." But at the same time I can't go all triggering on it and say what I do. That and I don't want my English teacher to freak, though, I'm sure if I don't mention something that's mandatory to report, she won't.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive