Thread: Doctor visits
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: Doctor visits - September 16th 2013, 11:12 PM

Unlike the other two, my doctor noticed some of the scars that I had on my thighs, and I honestly thought that they were really light! Doctors are mandatory reporters, so if they do notice, they will have to tell since you are a minor. But, it really depends on the doctor and what their procedures are. Cassie gave you some good ideas for trying to fade your scars before you go to make them at least a bit less noticeable.

I also agree that maybe even if your doctor doesn't notice you can still tell them about what you're going through so you can get the support. You don't deserve to go through this alone!

But, maybe you can explain to your mom that you're fifteen now and feel as if you are mature enough to go in to the exam room by yourself. You can let her know it's just easier to talk about things (my doctor talks about my period and all of that other fun stuff, if yours does too you can use this excuse) when the two of you are in private, or you juts want the responsibility and will make sure the doctor reports back anything abnormal to her.

Best of luck!

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive