View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 33,960, Level: 26 Points: 33,960, Level: 26 Points: 33,960, Level: 26

Has being bullied altered your personality? - September 22nd 2013, 03:02 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I wanted to ask this question, to see if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Take le derpy six-year-old Gareth. Le derpy six-year-old Gareth didn't give a **** what anyone thought of him, and was too focused on playing with the toys in the corner of the classroom. However, the other kids in the class picked up that Gareth was different, and thus Gareth suffered.

Fast forward ten full years of almost daily bullying and intimidation. The once carefree, happy moi, has become a withdrawn individual who is very anxious around people. On top of that, I can be rather cold, calculative and cynical. I don't have time for people and find them very hard to trust, because almost every time I've trusted someone, I've been stabbed in the back. I also have a quite a negative view of the world. I'm a real chip-on-the-shoulder sort of person at times.

Thing is, I feel that years of bullying has done this to me. Has this happened to anyone else who has been bullied in the past? I feel that they destroyed the person I really am, to be honest.