View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Terrible social anxiety and having panic attacks over school - September 23rd 2013, 07:34 PM

Hey there,

I like Robin's idea of talking to your teachers privately. I know that will be hard to do but it might also feel empowering to speak up for yourself. Sometimes things are really hard to do at first but the more you do it the easier it gets, you know? Also, another thing that might help with all of this is joining a gay straight alliance at your school. They might be able to provide you with support and advice on dealing with all of this and you might be able to make some friends as well. Does your school have something like a gay straight alliance? Would you feel comfortable looking for a support group in your area for GLBTQ youth? Here is a link that might help you find something in your area: http://www.glbtnearme.org.

I know that when I isolate it can be really hard to get out in public but once I go out in public for a while it does get easier. So, maybe once you start getting into the hang of going to school the anxiety you are feeling will mellow out a bit. I know it probably won't go away completely but isolation can increase anxiety or at least that is what I have noticed.

I really hope that this helped in some way and if you need anything please feel free to message me.