View Single Post
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Has being bullied altered your personality? - September 29th 2013, 08:34 PM

Bullying has been a part of my personality change but it isn't altered it completely. It's made me tougher to name-calling and people who intend to hurt me solely for the benefit of amusing others. I've learnt to be less trusting to those who I would have called my 'friends' only to find out they'd lie and use me for whatever they chose. I've become a lot more cautious around people in general because I've learnt to understand and recognise what makes a good friend in some and what makes a bad friend in others. For this reason, for all the bullying I had endured throughout every single school I attended I chose never to get close to anyone, never to trust many people with my life or my privacy and so I have just 1 female and 2 male friends. All other 'friends' I had I lost contact with and I never bother speaking to again regardless of my past attempts to put effort into communicating with them, they chose not to bother with me.

Anyone who I know and see to this very day who had bullied me at school, I smile to myself and know I came off a better person I did. I know I grew up to become much stronger and overcame the abuse they threw at me and for that, I have become a better person.

Bullying always changes people in some form or another. It might be tough to deal with at the time but it's that tough experience which makes us a tougher and stronger person inside.