View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: I'm lonely. - October 13th 2013, 06:52 PM

I know exactly what you mean with this loneliness that you've explained. I felt similar a while back and it was why in a way I joined this site, I just wanted to feel less alone and feel like I'm a part of something. Being a part of something can make us feel so much less lonely, it helps fill that void that so many people can't seem to fill. Have you talked to anyone about how you're feeling such as a family member or a close friend? If you haven't then it may be a good idea to because they can help to understand you better and maybe even work towards making you feel less lonely. Sometimes even chatting to someone online is a great relief. Although people online aren't there for us every minute ofthe say it does help those feelings of loneliness go away and it can be a great comfort, especially if you meet someone who you really enjoy talking to. So many people online can be such good fun and if you meet someone who shares very similar interests to you, you can be there for such a long time having conversations about so many things that interest you both.

Do you have much free time? If you have some then it might also be good to try joining a group where th people in the group share the same interests as you do. If you like writing, join a writing group, if you like sports, join a sports group. The more you chat to people the less lonely you'll be. It might not help to completely fill that gap for a while but it's certainly a start!