View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: i cant stand community college life anymore!!! - October 14th 2013, 08:35 AM

I had a lot of the same problems my freshman year! I was so busy with school and my job that I found it really hard to meet new people. As Kate suggested, talking to people in your classes is always a good place to start. Even if you do something as simple as forming a study group, you could end up with some great friends. The more time you spend talking to people, the more likely you are to find some that you have things in common with.

Does your school put on any events? Perhaps you could find some that fit with your schedule and make an effort to go to those! They're always great places to meet new people and can turn out to be a lot of fun. Ultimately, getting involved will help you a lot. So, keep an eye out for things that you can do. It doesn't have to be something as long-term as a club. It can be something simple like volunteering at a blood drive your school puts on or going to support a sports team.

Keep trying! You'll make great connections soon enough.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie