View Single Post
  (#6721 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,969, Level: 26 Points: 33,969, Level: 26 Points: 33,969, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - October 21st 2013, 05:53 PM

-- I think I'm doing much better, but I'm not grading myself. I may decide how much I do, but you decide how much it's worth. This is the best I can do, but if I fail your class I am out of this program. Do you understand what that means?! I'm willing to subject myself to another meeting with you before I have to decide, but if you give me that crap about "I can't tell you how you're going to do" I'm going to want to punch you in the face.

--This is the best I can do. I like you. A lot, but if you're going to be the latest in the too-long line of authority figures to tell me that my best will never be good enough then I will be tempted to quit, even if it's the absolute last thing in the world I ever want to do.

If that's not the problem then fixing it won't fix anything. And I don't understand why not being perfect has to suddenly be a death sentence. We're going to have bad days in the field, but one bad one here could very well mean that we never make it that far.

How about I withdraw from everything, leave, and never come back. Even though you say you want to help me, I know you were all thinking from the beginning that I wasn't going to make it and my leaving is really what you want because you're sick of dealing with me.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; October 22nd 2013 at 02:14 AM.