Thread: Triggering (ED): Emetophobia & Anxiety
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 13,394, Level: 16 Points: 13,394, Level: 16 Points: 13,394, Level: 16

Re: Emetophobia & Anxiety - October 29th 2013, 08:12 PM

Maybe you could try consuming the same amount of food you need but in smaller meals? Smaller meals are easier on the stomach (or rather, overeating is more difficult on it).

The other thing would be to make sure all your food is fresh and thoroughly cooked. That will minimize the chance that it will make you sick, and it will make it easier to go and stay down.

Third, avoid things that cause too much stomach acid like caffiene, alcohol, hot spices, onions and garlic, oily foods, etc..

Finally, drink water with everything to help stabilize your stomach (as opposed to sodas or coffee, which have caffiene and can upset your stomach).

Sorry I don't have good advice for dealing with the anixety. It sounds like the anxiety is worse than actually vomitting though. Maybe do things to relax and that you enjoy, and ensure you get adequate sunlight and sleep. Those things will promote serotonin, which will help your stomach. All I know is that having adequate serotonin is good for your stomach and good for anxiety whereas too much anxiety puts a strain on your stomach.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more about any of these or handling anxiety in general.