Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: My friends make fun of self harm - October 30th 2013, 03:03 AM

Hi,

Welcome to TH!

I know this can be difficult. I remember when my family would make fun of people that SH and how much it bothered me.
I agree with the suggestions Dez gave you. Talk to them as if you asked a friend about SH and see what they say or if they change their ways.
If you feel comfortable you could tell them that you struggle with this and that their comments really do hurt you. If you are not comfortable with that though, Dez's suggestion would be great for this situation.
Try to remember they say what they say because they do not fully understand what it is like to be a self-harmer, some of them could harm and not want to admit it so they go along with the others and it could be because they do not understand that joking about things such as SH is not right because they have no idea who is being affected by what they say.
I hope this is helpful and you can send me a PM if you would ever like to talk.

Also, I am moving your thread to the Self Harm forum because I believe it is a better fit there. If you have any questions about this, you can send me a private message and I will reply as soon as I can.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."