View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: College applications? - November 4th 2013, 12:26 PM

Well, you have to know where to tell other people to send the transcripts. You need to make sure it is an official copy. Usually it'll either have a seal on it or stamp it. Your school apparently wants the transcripts sent directly from the school in the mail.

It looks like you send it this way:
Office of the Undergraduate Admissions
San Jose State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0016

Never assume with the transcripts. I've applied to a few schools and some people want it sent to a specific address or office so students can sort it accordingly. Don't put the admissions counselor on it. It'll be students scanning the documents 90% of the time.

If it asks for letters of recommendation, then they may need to send it. In that case, I'd give them an addressed stamped envelope to send it in.

http://igateways.sjsu.edu/Advising/A...g_to_SJSU.html

99% of the time you apply and then send the transcripts. Usually at the end of the application or in an email they tell you the official address to send the transcripts.

With the dorm, you usually need to apply early on. Most schools have a limited space and they may even waitlist you. I know students who were waitlisted when I was at Ohio State and they had to live off campus. If you don't apply for housing now, they may not have it.

Do they ask for letters of recommendation>