View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
myimmortal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Safiya

Points: 6,820, Level: 12 Points: 6,820, Level: 12 Points: 6,820, Level: 12

Unhappy parents not yet divorced but mom has boyfriend..please help im going crazy - November 6th 2013, 04:32 AM

So

Long story short, 3 days ago, I went on my mom's phone because she asked me to text someone for her while she was driving, but by accident, I found a pretty romantic text conversation to some guy..I decided to keep quiet about it for the time being, even though I was really upset. My mom's been married to my dad for 16 years, by the way...

It drove me nuts to the point I asked her if her and my dad were splitting up, hence the text conversation I found.

She told me that last month, my dad had told her he wanted to divorce in December. She also said that this boyfriend of hers was someone she used to go out with years ago, and she found him on Facebook or something...

What is driving me crazy is her exact words were

"Don't worry about it though, it's not for sure that we're divorcing, you know how dad just says things and doesnt mean them."

But why does she have this boyfriend if they're not for sure divorcing??
She also told me not to tell my dad about him.

I just sense something a little wrong here...maybe it's just me

I don't want to go through the big stress of all this, I live with crippling anxiety, I've just been clean from self-harm for a month now, I was just starting to get over depression, AND my birthday is coming up very soon..I really didn't want to be depressed on my bday like last year

Any advice on what I could do..? I'm very very lost with all this

- Ellen xox