View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: parents not yet divorced but mom has boyfriend..please help im going crazy - November 8th 2013, 04:45 AM

Hey there Ellen.

Well first off, I'm sorry someone didn't respond sooner.

In regards to your post, I'm sorry to hear about the situation you are currently in. I can relate to your situation, because my parents are divorced and have been since I was 14 (around the age you currently are). It definitely is a tough process to go through as a child/teen/young adult. Remember, I can't read minds, so I can only tell you what I think may be happening based off of my own experiences. I think that you pushed your mother into a corner when you asked her about the whole romantic texting thing. At that point, she was unable to come up with an excuse (because what kind of excuse is there to something like that) so she told you the truth. My guess is that the divorce may be a real possibility, but she is trying to "soften the blow" by saying 'dad just says things and doesn't mean them'.

Unfortunately my overall guess is that your mother and father no longer love each other like they use too; and even though the divorce topic now came up, they may have been seeing other people for awhile now (and just have been keeping it off the radar). I want you to understand that alot of people go through this, and that sometimes you don't love the person you use to. Things change, people change, and along with that, love changes.

My advice? Try to understand that none of this is a result of you, or anything you have done. Having divorced parents is certainly a big change, but it's nothing you (or anyone) can't get through. On another note, talk to find an trusted adult (teacher, principal, counselor, etc) in which you can receive support, tips/advice, and also be able to vent too. It will be a big relief to get things off your chest, and try to wrap your head around the whole idea of divorce.

Stay strong, my friend!

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai