Thread: Non-PG13: Grieving from loved ones
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,654, Level: 46 Points: 106,654, Level: 46 Points: 106,654, Level: 46

Re: Grieving from loved ones - November 15th 2013, 12:07 AM

Hey there.

I'm so sorry for your loss. The thing you have to remember is that everyone grieves differently, so it's never a sure thing that what works for one person will work for another. The lovely people above me have covered the letter thing, so I'll just give you a few more ideas.

One thing I find helpful is to do something to honour the deceased. For example, you could make a scrapbook or get involved in a cause they were passionate about; it can be as little or as big as you like, as long as it's meaningful.

You could also try writing a letter to the person who passed away, to say the things that perhaps you never got the chance to while they were alive. If you're creatively inclined you could even draw a picture or write a poem. Whatever helps you express yourself is perfectly okay at this point.

The most important thing right now is to be gentle with yourself. This is a hard time for you, and although you might feel like you should be able to just move on from it, it's never that easy. So give yourself time, go easy on yourself, and let yourself move on at your own pace.

Take care, and good luck with it all.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."