(#7 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Points: 21,912, Level: 21 Points: 21,912, Level: 21 Points: 21,912, Level: 21

Re: Volunteering, Anxiety, Stressed. Help? - November 18th 2013, 05:11 AM

Hi Cara,

As the above posts have mentioned, I don't think you should quit yet. On the confronting front, that's up to you. You can if you want to, and you don't if you don't want to. However, I really don't think you shpuld give up just yet and up and quit. I'll tell you why.
They may be talking about you, whispering and laughing. And they may not be whispering about you. Whatever be the case, it's not aomething you have to bother yourself with. Let them think what they like. So, they are talking about someone because they are different from themselves. Let them be burdened with that. You don't need to share it. If they want to occupy their minds with you, let them go right ahead, what do you think?

Also, if they are those images of hoity toites that I'm conjuring in my head right now, they'll get more annpyed if you're ignoring them. After all, what are bullies? People trying to make themselves feel better or superior because they don't feel good about themselves, as much as they'd like to. And clearly they haven't grown up since high school, so who has really got it bad. You or them? I'd say them (;

Most important of all, bitchy girls and annoyance aside, do you like what you are doing? Do you like the volunteering jig? Caring for cats and such? If you don't, you shouldn't let them sway you. Let them be who you are. And you be you. Get on with your work and don't give a miniscule rodent's backside about them. If you need to talk to them make it short and pleasant. Don't show them you're affected by them. They'll give up talking about you soon enough. If you need to ask that guy questions, go ahead and ask away. Even if he geta irritated. If they didn't cover stuff and doubts have come up, it's important you ask them, because your work depends on it. You'll be appreciated for your good work. Maybe silently, but still appreciated, which is important. So long as the work satiafies you, keep doing it with all your heart. The work is more important than those girls who clearly haven't grown up. Do what you do best and have fun with it. Only when you don't like the work you're doing, consider other options. Consider, being the functional word here!

You're good at what you do, and you're strong. You'll be able to get through this with a smile on your face. Don't let it get the beat of you (;

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011