View Single Post
  (#6825 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - November 22nd 2013, 08:42 PM

- Back. Off. I said I'd approach you when I'm damn good and ready. If you're this pushy what the hell makes you think I'll want to take things further? So step down. Now.

- You were in my dreams last night. It bugged me. I really feel like things are unresolved between us, but I'm not sure how to resolve them. We never exactly had that kind of relationship. So I guess I'll try and do it here:

I'm not sure what happened. The last time we hung out we had a good time. Is it because of what I asked you? Are you just depressed? I don't know. But your sudden lack of interest and communication hurt me. It's important for me to be able to keep in contact with people I'm involved with. I understand needing a break. But you need to tell me that. It's not okay to just drop me.

As for that party? Not cool either. You invited me first, then backtracked, which might have been okay, except for the rest of it. It's fine to let me know "later in the week." But later in the week means more than 24 hours in advance, not six hours before the damn thing. It required an RSVP and stuff to bring, that wouldn't have given me nearly enough time. And as for the other thing, don't tell me you aren't okay and then when I ask say "Oh, I can't say what's wrong." If that's the case don't mention it in the fucking first place.

And then when I saw you two months later you barely spoke to me. So no, I probably won't contact you again. I want something more reciprocated. It's fine if you want to bitch about your life, but you could at least take more of an interest in mine than just doing the equivalent nodding and saying "uh huh." I need people who are interested in me, consistently. Or if they aren't available at least tell me. So best of luck. If you figure your shit out, let me know. Then we can talk.

- I may have embarrassed myself last night. I will back down a bit. You know where I stand, and you can just rise to meet me at your leisure. I can (try) and be patient. But that's hard for me. When I know what I want, I know what I want. So you may have to bear with me on this.

I also got anxious when you said that. I would have offered to help you with dinner anyway, since I can't stand watching someone running around cooking for me, and I enjoy shared kitchen time anyway. But instructing me I would made it feel like some sort of task or test. It doesn't feel organic if I feel like I'm going through a process in steps. I like those steps to happen naturally, not clearly set up (i.e. discussed). It's hard enough to relax already when I'm around a new person I like without feeling like I'm being consciously assessed. I'll roll with it because it's just what works for you, but know it's a bit of a challenge for me.