View Single Post
  (#6839 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,990, Level: 26 Points: 33,990, Level: 26 Points: 33,990, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - November 30th 2013, 09:37 PM

You say you want me to be successful so tell me this: How am I supposed to succeed when everyone in authority is telling me that I don't belong in my dream job, telling you that they aren't saying that to me, and then getting no consequences while I am 2 seconds away from having my life fall apart? My self-esteem was already non-existent. Either tell me the truth with respect or give up, but STOP CONFUSING ME and letting me waste my time if this isn't really going to happen.

The people who identify people's strengths for a living find very few, if any in me.
All I ever get is criticism, even when I ask for what I do right.
When they manage to find a few strengths they give me a million reasons why those are wrong too

I self-initiate and ask for help to fix my weaknesses and I get:
No such help
Inappropriate attitude and disrespect
Told I don't belong in the profession that has been my dream for half of my life
Told I don't self-initiate (see above)

So, I approach someone with more authority who I feel is on my side until:
He starts to lose patience (although I don't blame him)
He talks to them and they deny what they said and therefore continue to avoid consequences for saying it.
Which makes me start to think that he's been convinced that I'm lying to him when I'm not and I have people who will back me up.
All while being told not to be paranoid about the fact that I'm 2 seconds away from having my world collapse

You'd want to quit too.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; December 1st 2013 at 04:54 AM.