View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Fighting-to-Win Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,344, Level: 11 Points: 6,344, Level: 11 Points: 6,344, Level: 11

Unhappy First telling my boyfriend I self haram - December 12th 2013, 02:53 AM

I have only been self harming for about 2 months now, but the urges get worse and worse. I know I can't diagnose myself, but I have been convinced for even longer now that I might have bipolar disorder. Here's the tricky part...I have only told 2 of my closest friends. They are supportive and whatever, but they don't really know how to help, which I don't blame them for. Right now I have no motivation to tell my parents, but I think I really need to tell my boyfriend. We've been dating for 5 months now, we are both in 10th grade, and he means the world to me. But only when I'm around him are my arms not covered by sleeves and I'm careful to always have bandages over my cuts and scares when I'm with him, but I think he's getting suspicious, especially when he grabbed my wrist the other day and I screamed out in pain. He asked me once what was going on, but I didn't have the courage to tell him. He respected that and hasn't brought it up since. How do I tell him what's going on? I feel like he really deserves an explanation. And who knows? Maybe he'll be able to help me.

Last edited by Ennui.; December 12th 2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Removing triggering prefix.