View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Misty♥ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Misty

Points: 6,008, Level: 11 Points: 6,008, Level: 11 Points: 6,008, Level: 11

Re: Depression is killing me - December 12th 2013, 07:37 PM

I'm so sorry to hear you are battling depression - but you can't give up the fight. You're not worthless - you're only feeling this way because of your depression.

You say you love your family and you don't want to hurt them. If you disappeared, I am sure it would hurt your family, and you don't want that, do you? I know that you may be feeling worthless and nothing I say is going to change your mindset but please realize that things eventually do get better and that depression cannot define self-worth. I suggest you try to find someone you can talk to about this - a trusted adult, a best friend - anyone. It's great you're seeking help here.

I think you need to put your life into perspective a little bit. I'm assuming you're 15 since that's what your profile says? You've got your entire life ahead of you - this rough patch will just be a small part of your life in the long run, you will be glad you didn't "disappear" ten years from now when you're living a successful happy life. I know you don't want to believe this depression is going to way - and maybe you will always have "depression tendencies" - but you will get better if you just hang in there. Right now, you might not be motivated to do much, but you should try to put yourself out there and try something new (and positive) every day. One step at a time, but you'll make it.

If you ever want to talk, you can PM me. Please don't hurt yourself - the world needs you.