View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Points: 12,511, Level: 16 Points: 12,511, Level: 16 Points: 12,511, Level: 16

Re: Colorado School shooting, on eve of anniversary. - December 14th 2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick. View Post
but people having double digit numbers of guns just doesn't make sense to me.
People owning multiple guns aren't the problem though. (Unless the problem is starting a revolution.) Lots of times on the youtube videos of People having Machine gun shoots are the most law abiding citizens around, because of all the paperwork, background checks that a Citizen has to go through to own a Class III firearm (No just going to a store and buying it, have to go through ATF to get license first.)

I have never proposed that we should put piles of AKs and ARs on the street corners for people to own without any sort of background checks etc., I am all for gun ownership and background checks.

However, I think its time to start putting resource officers back in school, at least where I went to school, there was either a Village LEO or State LEO in every school (Or at least school district where School buildings where in the same vicinity as a campus)

There was an incident that a LEO was told not to drop his kid off in uniform because Parents where alarmed that "There was a man with a gun at the school!" (Source: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3074487/posts )